Thursday, April 7, 2011

Comment Confessional

I started a post on my personal stance on comments then I remembered "Mamarazzi" and her Friday confessional. I had a super good time the last time I participated so I decided to enter the booth and confess my little heart out this week:
Photobucket

So here goes:


I confess that I have in the past left comments on "the big blogs" in hopes that maybe they will visit mine and fall in like with me and my ideas. I confess that I am getting over my hopes for 15 minutes of fame and looking more for entertainment and ideas in blogville. I don't join every linky party because frankly I don't have the time or the energy to author posts and take pictures just so someone will come visit me. Image from Home Grooming


I confess that I look through my "dashboard" pretty much everyday at all the blogs I follow. However, if the picture or the super short description doesn't catch my eye I don't bother to go read to whole thing. Image borrowed


I confess that I am a woman a VERY FEW WORDS. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am not a woman who participates in idle chit chat. Now, I can listen like nobody's business, but I don't go on and on about a multitude of topics. I confess that I only comment on about 8% of the posts I read in a given day. Now, that can vary if I am reading on my phone or on the computer (for basic reasons of the ease of typing). Some blogs I read daily-I'm talking never miss a new post-but I have NEVER commented on them.


I confess that if you get a comment from me it is 99% of the time way more than a "nice job." When I comment on something it really struck a chord with me.


I confess that that last "I confess" sounds like I think I am the Dalai Lama or something. But seriously, if you hear from me on your blog I am totally sincere in whatever I say. And the comment is usually pretty long.


I confess that my attitude on commenting was solidified when I thought about the relationshop between bloggers. When we, as bloggers, write a post it is like having a conversation with someone. If we were having a conversation face-to-face about your latest project I would come up with something more genuine to say than "nice job." I decided that commenting is like a conversation. So, for a woman a few words, I chose where I comment and the things I say very carefully.


I confess that just because I haven't commented on your blog does not mean I am not inspired by you or something you have said or done. I find inspiration daily and am grateful for each of you and the gifts you bring to the cyber-table. Thank you for taking the time and energy to share your life and the things that are important to you. Thank you Mamarazzi for hosting this fun party. I know I don't join in every week, but for me (let's all say it together-a woman of few words) it is hard to say so much every week! Image from yoga and yogurt

All the posters without a link were created by me from the website


I'm done now, well one more poster because I can!

4 comments:

  1. I only comment if I feel I have something to say about what was posted. Lots of times I read more blogs than I comment on. I try very hard to make my comment relevant to something in the post. It means more that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol - I feel like this was a roller coaster of confessions!

    I almost ALWAYS have something to say in regards to what people post and of course feel they're interested in what I have to say (which I'm sure, really they aren't) so I can't help but to comment.

    I guess that's the beauty of blogging...anyone can comment on whatever strikes a chord with them!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely love your honesty.....Every bit of that is true about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way! I love this confessional! I just came to your blog from Lemonade Makin' Mama and LOVE your title "toile in the family". Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails