Saturday, January 1, 2011

No Slip Snowflakes


I am trying something new.
I'm trying to write a post that isn't two miles long.

I have said that I am a woman of few words. I really am.
Ask hubby, or any of my friends.
However, when it comes to blogging I can't seem to do the "s" word. (shut up)
Most of my posts end up being marathons. No wonder I can't do more than 1 post a week.

See, I've already started on the wrong foot. I better get to it.

I found a jar of white buttons at my fav flea market and bought them with the plan of making initial pillows for my girls. I decided that was too much sewing.
Then I got a bag of white, gray and brown buttons from Hoblob
cause I knew I would become obsessed.



When I took down Christmas the other day,

I was thinking about a winter mantle and the idea of silver and snowflakes was born.

You can use scrapbook paper as a base, pick out some buttons of various sizes and just glue them onto the paper. I used regular old Elmer's. I didn't draw out the design for the snowflake cause they are really easy to just create as you go.



Keep adding til you're satisfied and there you go!



I had a ball making these. I may or may not have gone a

little snowflake making crazy.



Some of the them I hot-glued right onto miniature silver trays. A few I put in a picture frame. Yeah, they are all over the house.

I still have buttons left though.


I'm thinking hearts for valentine's...

I'm linking up with The CSI Challenge for the "white challenge."

I was fortunate enough to place in the top ten last week, think I can make it two for two?
Visit thecsiproject.com


P.S. I'll show my full winter mantle in a few days. And I have another dining room reveal

6 comments:

  1. First off, the snowflakes are really pretty, and unusual, and very creative...original too! But, what first caught my eye is that I subscribe via RSS and was reading what you wrote. I'm also quiet (well not always around closest fam...kids and hubby) but everyone says I write bookmails not emails because I can't seem to send an one that is short. I guess that is because people like us find it easier to express ourselves in writing...at least I am that way most of the time. I find it really hard to write short posts too, but I am trying, and I 'think' I have succeeded a few times! ;-)

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am visiting from the CSI. I am enteries number 86, 87, 88 and 89.
    The snowflakes on the silver platters look great.

    Cheri from www.itssoverycheri.com and www.thediyclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Popping in from the CSI ...

    I'm in love with white and snowflakes right now--yours are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this craft...how fun and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How stinkin' cute!
    I have a ton of buttons that my grandmother willed to me (really! She also willed her sewing machine and 17 boxes of sewing notions and supplies).
    I think buttons would be cute for ANY season--what about hearts for Valentine's Day, flags for the 4th, etc...ooooh!
    You got me thinkin'!!
    Thanks for posting this--it was fun!
    Hugs and blessings to you as you make your home!
    ~Leslie
    P.S. I am your sister in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm having so much fun poking around i may stay forever! i made paper snowflakes... but next i am pulling out the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails