Monday, January 10, 2011

Wintery Mantle


I got all my Christmas stuff down in about 3 days.


It was completely gone by about the 28th of December.


Impressive huh?


Well, truth be told, I had an idea for my winter mantle(s) and I couldn't wait to get them going.

Disclosure: I am an external motivation kind of girl and whenever I need an extra kick in the pants to do something-like clean or redo something-I'll buy something new to encourage me to hurry along the process. Actually that is probably why I am making my 2011 resolution to "be content." I never said I wasn't a work in progress.

Anyway, I found an awesome snowflake for $8 at my fav flea market and an


idea was born.





If you remember, I have two fireplaces in my house.



Today's post is about the downstairs mantle.



I'm just going to give you a parade of pictures with little talking in between.



(I'm getting a little better at shorter posts!)




I got two of these snowflake buckets for 75% off and the little snowflake was 1/2 off.



(Yes, these were bought prior to 2011, prior to my "no shopping" vow of January 2011.)




I used touches of white with my "big-o" finials. You can read about my love of finials here.





Full mantle shots!




I'm linking at The CSI Project.
Visit thecsiproject.com



Come by with some hot chocolate...let it snow!





7 comments:

  1. Molly that looks super cute! I love your winter mantel. I have received your request and will give you more details as they emerge. Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly,
    What a great mantle!! I love how you have used snowflakes to create a fun wintery look! Also, is your little green plant in the bucket by the finials from the DT? I purchased a couple of them back in the fall and just love them. They look so real and I find them to be quite versatile.
    Anyways, I also make the "no shopping" commitment the first of every year...doesn't go very well for me!!
    Have a great week!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be content...I wouldn't be changing my mantel every 5 minutes! lol! You did a great job on yours..I love the big snow flake and the picture frames. And the candles in the hearth look fabulous! Very nicely done, Molly! :-)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finials too! I also really like your giant snowflakes. Very cool.
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Molly~You don't know me-YET..But I just got an award for blogging and decided I would pass the award along to the first 7 people that asked Debbie to feature them. So, if you get a chance, pop by my blog tomorrow and pick up your award. I have a link going to your blog there. I am signing up here as your newest follower. I am still growing so I am not a "big blog" but I do have a good solid following of people that respond so you might get some new followers. And, please sign up as a follower for me too...Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I've got a couple of finials here in NC that you might like...I completely understand the attraction. Thanks for stopping by our blog; looks like I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the white frames. Love it all!!! I would love for you to link this up to the CSI project this week. The challenge is winter crafts and decor. This is perfect for it.
    The link party begins at midnight on Wednesday through Friday!!! You could win the top prize or the great giveaway.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails