Monday, February 22, 2010

House Before and After-The Dining Room


Week, mmmm, lost count. Well, anyway "H" week and I am going to show you some of the rooms in my house. We haven' t done major construction, but I'm sure you won't be surprised how far a little paint and staging will go.

This week I have chosen to feature the first room you come to when you walk through my front door---the dining room. It is a really large room with access to the screened in porch (the flow of this house is fantastic, great for large gatherings).
Here is how the house looked on the day we moved in:

Before I get on with the reveal, I need to mention that you won't get many upclose and personal pictures, because a couple of the projects in this room are reserved for letters to come. I will point them out, but that's all you get!!

I painted the room Bosc Pear by Sherwin Williams and added the roman shades. My old house was predominately red, yellow and green so when I found this fabric with a blue background I was excited. Hubby likes blue, so it made me feel more like I was including him in the decor of the house (small steps people, small steps).

This is the room where "Scarlett" resides. You can read about her transformation here.

On the wall above the buffet are the shelves I talked about here, with the offending white spots gone. On the shelves I have propped and hung my hand-made silhouettes as well as some silver pieces that I like. Except now that I see these pictures I am thinking the shelves are STILL too high
(don't tell hubby, I'll see what I can do to fix it first!!)

I also have a lovely antique secretary I got at an auction (it was quite a bit more than my usual $2-$3, but so worth it.) on the opposite wall.

To the side of the desk are some pencil drawings of my three kiddos that I absolutely love.
Finally, I have the piano wall with some of my favorite finds from Peddler's Mall (you can see them more up close here.

Again, here is the dining room on Halloween (the day we moved in)


And here it is today, third week in February:

I do still have a few more things I would like to do (new light fixture, rework the secretary wall) but she's come a long way in a few months. Later in the week I'll be showing you the downstairs den.

I also wanted to thank those of you who are following me. Sorry this week has been a little light. My school is hosting the district Governor's Cup this weekend, plus I have night class 2 nights. Anyway, enough of my pity party...come back for more before and afters!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the dining room... found you on Thrifty Decor chick....
    Sandy

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails