Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Under Glass

Happy Fall y'all!

I'm slowly getting stuff out. I still need to do my kitchen island, and the downstairs mantle, and the outside entry, and maybe a little something in the bathroom. Yikes. I need to quit thinking about this.

Let me just start with what I HAVE managed to accomplish. I shared with you my fall mantle. Today, let's go take a look in the dining room.

When I was thinking about my table, I pictured using all my cloches with neat little fall things under them. I LOVE cloches. I'm always drawn to them in stores, even though I don't need any more! You can see some of them decorated for Christmas here.

But let's move on to fall.


Here is the view as you walk in the front door. I put a scrap of burlap in the center of the table then spread the cloches around on it.




To create a nice contrast, I put some of the cloches on silver plates, compotes or trays. I found the big acorn at Hobby Lobby for 50% off. The little white vase holds a little bunch of leaves. The smallest cloche has fake acorns inside it (also a HL purchase).


Here are some close ups:



By the way these gourds are just plastics ones that I wrapped with twine.


I love using twine about as much as I love using buttons!






Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear who come's knocking so leave a comment and say hello! Next up will be my repainted living room, the downstairs mantle and the kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Molly- I love your cloches. They are ALL really cute- especially love that big acorn too. And the ones that you covered with twine are a fun touch! My fingers always itch after I work with that stuff!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails