Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Decked Out Dining Room


Man, this time of year is busy for a blogger!
There are so many parties going on and I want to go to them all!
Sometimes I feel like I'm chasing my tail.
I'm going to try to keep up ya'll just hang in there with me.
Today I am joining in with Savvy Southern Style and All Things Heart and Home today I am sharing with you all my dining room.
Here is how it looked last year:



And here it is one year later:


The past year I have changed out the light fixture, added shelves, hung roman shades and added an old window as a divider.
Let's mosey around the room:
This wall is my silhouette wall.

I have a silhouette of me and each of the kids from the wedding.



To go along with the silhouettes, I simply added white and silver plates, a couple black and white pictures, some greenery and a couple ornaments to dress this area up.

Scarlett sits below the shelves and she gets a little spiffed up for the holidays, but

she doesn't need much help.

I just add an ornament to the silver tray, some pepperberries to a topiary, and another ornament to the lamp. Done.

Moving on around the room, here is my favorite vignette this year.

It sits on top of my china cabinet

(I don't really think it is a china cabinet, but I don't really know what to call it.)








And finally as you walk out of the room here are some hand drawn pictures of my kiddos:



Thanks for stopping by! There are lots more parties coming up, keep checking back!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful transformation. It wasn't bad before, but the after is wow! That is a curio cabinet I believe. Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful space this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!!!! I am seriously in love with your home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,
    Love all your colors! I am over from Kim's party. Please stop by when you have a moment. I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks great...my favorite thing is those wreaths tied to the chairs!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS! I am in love with you red sideboard! The silhouettes are fabulous! Love every single bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great and is definitely better! Love the black furniture and your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dining room is a beautiful spot in your house. I love your mustard colored walls with the black shelves. Hanging a silver tray on the wall is a great idea. I really like that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails