Monday, March 12, 2012

Stripes for Little Man

Here is another reveal from my "Teasers" post. I've shown you "Pops of Green" and the "Orange Yoda."
This is the shot I teased you with:

This is a drop cloth I was bleaching. Because I have a front load washer, I don't think I can bleach it in there so I fill the bathtub, add some bleach and soak it for awhile.

After I bleached it and washed it, I measured the length I wanted and cut it down to size. I spread the cloth out on my bedroom floor and taped off stripes.
I was concerned about keeping the stripes level so I just used a piece of paper that was about the width I wanted the stripes to be and used that to help me mark off the stripes. I put small pieces of tape where I didn't want to paint because I knew it would get confusing once I started painting.

Then I sewed some hems and hung the curtains with simple clips. I love how they turned out!
They are perfect with Orange Soda--I mean Yoda!
Here are some shots of the curtains in Little Man's room:

2 comments:

  1. Molly- Could they get any more perfect than that? I LOVE it! You did an awesome job! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Molly, you did a fabulous job on those drapes! When I commented on them last time, I had no idea you made them! Great job. Well worth the time you put in to them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails