Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Clock Strikes Twelve...

I introduced you all to Cinderella a l-o-o-o-o-nn-n-ng time ago.
The last time you saw her she was in her "mouse dress."


It took me another l-o-o-o-o-o-o-on-n-g time to decide on a color. I thought about red, but a house can only handle one Scarlett. She doesn't share the limelight with anyone.


I wanted to do something bold and blue, but I wanted the flexibility to put Cindy whereever my mood strikes and blue felt a little limiting.


I thought about white or black but, as my oldest daughter says, I paint everything black or white. No, Cindy needed something less predictable.


I finally decided on a shade of black. (Way to go out on a limb Mols). It is a Benjamin Moore color called "Wrought Iron." It is almost navy and it going to look fab against my new living room color.


It hasn't been polyurethaned yet...


BONG!!!


BONG!!! Did you hear something?

BONG!!! There it is again...

BONG!!! Seriously that is getting annoying. Do you hear it?


I already have the spot all picked out in the house for it. It is going to look so amazing.


BONG!! Wait. What is that?


See those holes? What character it adds to Cindy.


BONG!!! Hold it. How did this get so dirty?



BONG!!! What is this?


Well, after several google searches, phone calls to local bug people, and emails to some people who I consider to be furniture experts I diagnosed Cindy to have "powderpost beetles."

BONG!!!


Yep folks. The clock has struck twelve and my poor Cindy is sitting all alone with nothing but the beetles to keep her company.

My research tells me that it is going to cost me three figures to get her clean. Granted I only paid $15 for her, but that price just isn't worth it.

I seriously thought about just throwing caution to the wind and putting her in the house anyway, but according to pest experts those little creatures can spread to other furniture and are impossible to kill without major fumigationm and expensive pesticides.

I thought maybe the paint would seal them in. I thought the hot summer heat would kill them. Nope. The sawdust says it all. Those little piles just appeared yesterday. So even if I do love her and I already have the space for her, she is going to the curb. It is going to kill me. I guess I am the wicked step-mother afterall.

WAHHHHH!!! (That's me crying.)

2 comments:

  1. There is one other thing to try before she goes to the curb! It is a mix of turpentine and linseed oil. An "old timer" told my hubby about that one, and it worked for us! The only problem, it is also a type of oil finish, so it will change the color of Cindy. You mix them 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Cindy..dealt the hand of death. I am wondering if you put her curbside some poor unsuspecting soul might pick her up and infest their own house? Poor old girl! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails