Friday, October 29, 2010

Month O' Organizing: Get out the Decorations!




For those of you who have been reading this blog for awhile, you well know that I am coming up on the one year anniversary of moving into this house.

What does that have to do with organizing? Okay it is probably a stretch but last year I couldn't decorate for Halloween much less fall because my life was in boxes and I didn't know where anything was.

Plus it didn't make any sense to decorate our old house since I was just going to have to pack it up.

This year, I was organized enough to actually put out some fall and Halloween decorations and even organize a Halloween party for my kids (which I will share about a little later).


I somewhat like Halloween, but Hubby's birthday is actually on Halloween so I feel like I need to be a little festive for him.

I don't do creepy stuff or gross stuff. We just don't want to celebrate or endorse that aspect of Halloween. If I do something "monstery" it is usually more

cartoon-esque than realistic.

Please don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed seeing pictures of some of the "creepier" decorations and the talent is incredible. It just isn't my style.

That being said, here are some areas in my house and how I have tried to fall and Halloween them up:


This is my foyer.

I don't know if I have shown my new vinyl that I finally put up:



It isn't EXACTLY the version I wanted, but the meaning is the same.

like that people who visit get a sense of who I am right as they walk in the door.

I also just got another vinyl piece from Leen the Graphics Queen and with it she sent me these little bats for FREE!

I thought they were a fun touch to the corner of the mirror.



Next you get a view of my mantle (now a gleaming white)



Here are some close ups:







I found this little owl at a local Flea Market and love him on my newly painted dresser.


Both these things were new additions to my Halloween decorations this year:

I know Frankenstein is a little monstery. But he is cute and not really scary.

The witch I COULD NOT resist. If you can't read the sign she is holding it says

"Forget the witches, beware of kids!"

Those of you who know me IRL know that I love my kids,

but I joke about them much like The Meanest Mom. I think she and I are kindred spirits.



Finally, downstairs where the new BLACK entertainment center lives is this mantle.







Keep checking back, I will show and tell about the Halloween party later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails